Sunday, September 30, 2012

Week of 10/1-10/5


Dear parents,
I would like to thanks the parents for the Oreo cookies for the phases of the moon project.  We had enough Oreos, and the students had a lot of fun doing it!

I have been working on a way to make the Chinese homework easier for the parents to follow.  Over the next week or 2, I will be changing the Chinese homework around a little bit, and hopefully this helps the parents.

This week I am sending a Parent’s Guide home for Chinese with 2 parts.  The first part has I can read, and the second part has I can write.  The part that says I can read is for the students to learn how to read characters out of the text book.  The second part is for the Chinese characters that the students need to learn how to write for the test on Friday.

Sunday, September 30th , is the Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival.  There will be a full moon that night, and hopefully you can do something Chinese to celebrate this Chinese holiday!

This week we are talking about Clouds.

In Chinese we are working in lesson 8.


2 comments:

  1. Hello, You are doing a great job. I have a few comments/questions. I really like the Parents Folders. It would be very helpful to understand what paper's need to be returned and when and what papers are just for practice. Also, is there a site to help with stroke order and correct pronunciation? So far I have not seen any test scores. Are they posted somewhere? Keep up the great work and thank you for allowing us to be more involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I don't have an email for you so I'm sorry to use your blog to communicate. Please help me understand. Your note above regarding the Parent Guide said there would be a test on the second part "I can write" on Friday but my son brought home a test from today (Thursday). It was crumbled up in his pocket so Im surprised I even got to see it. Was this a pretest? Will there be another test tomorrow? Please let me know.

    I will delete this post when I hear from you. Thank you.
    Ally Hansen 801-712-7625

    ReplyDelete