Dear
Parents,
I am going
to have a new format for the Chinese homework.
Every 2 weeks we will go over one Chinese lesson. The homework will have 2 different parts.The first part will be “I Can Write”. The students will need to be able to write these characters without any help. The writing sheet is with the parent’s guide will have the stroke order for the characters. You can also go to the “Stroke Order” page on our class blog to view an animation of the stroke order for each character. There is also an option to hear the pronunciation of the character by clicking on the speaker icon.
The second
part is “I Can Read”. The students will
need to be able to read these characters.
There is a “Flash Cards” page on the classroom blog that will have links
to online flashcards.
I will be
sending a parent’s guide sheet with these 2 lists home on the Monday at the
beginning of these 2 weeks. This will
allow the students to be able to practice reading and writing Chinese
characters every day. The writing will be due on the second Friday after the
assignment was sent home.
Next Monday
we will start 1B Lesson 9. So next
Monday I will send home the parent’s guide and the Chinese character practice
writing sheet.
For Math,
please review number 10 facts with your child. With this letter I have a flash
card set for addition and subtraction to 10.
For example, show the card with 1 on it and have your child to figure
out what number added to 1 makes 10. So
the answer would be 9. Also practice
this with subtraction. For example, always start with 10 and show the card with
2 on it. And have your child subtract the number on the card from 10 and have
them give you the answer. The answer to this example would be 10-2=8.
Please also
help your child memorize adding double numbers. For example, 1+1=2, 2+2=4,
3+3=6, 4+4=8, 5+5=10,….all the way up to 10+10=20.
No comments:
Post a Comment