We will be reviewing the last 2 weeks of math lessons for their assessment test this week. We need to identify and represent the relationships among numbers, quantities, and place value in whole numbers up to 1000.
Chinese
We will continue working on Lesson 9. Please take time to review the lesson 9 vocabulary flash cards we sent home last Monday with your children. These vocabulary words are from lesson 9. They do not need to memorize how to write it, but need to know how to recognize the character so they can read it and know what it means. The pinyin and the English are on the documents I send home so the parents have an idea what the students are learning in class and can try to help them say the words.
Science
We are going to talk about living things and non-living things, animals and their habitats.
Show & Tell Project
We are going to have a Friday project called "About Me." Starting Friday, December 9, we will be having 5 students each Friday present their "About Me" project. I will send the document home on Monday, November 28. Please help your child prepare at home. On this blog, I posted the "About Me" information and also the translation. The sheets I send home with the English and pinyin is to use at home to help you know what each sentence means, and to help you work on the project with your child.Your child is supposed to say the entire sentence in Chinese. We are working on it together in the class also. The reason we are having this project, is to get them to feel more comfortable speaking Chinese more, especially in front of other people.
I hope the parents and their child can have fun working on this project together.
We will also spend some time on Christmas stories and activities, and practice singing Silent Night in Chinese.
No comments:
Post a Comment